Friday, September 10, 2010

Flash be Gone!

At this year’s NNGC, Jimmy Booth suggested that I could rescue molds with the “flash” problem I’ve been having by sanding down the face of the mold, so I thought I’d give it a try. He suggested using 500 grit sandpaper and said it would take about 5 minutes.

Well, after 5 minutes with 500 grit I switched to 220 grit because I just wasn’t making much progress. I think I spent about 1/2 hour sanding away (perhaps it wasn’t really that long, but it felt like it). And here is the result:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Success! There is still a little “flash” around the ears on the top, so I’ll probably do a little more sanding. But now the parts come out of the molds essentially clean. Thanks Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment